Meet our Leadership Team:
- President, Co-Founder
- Lisa is one of the original co-founders of Namebase. Prior to founding Namebase, Lisa worked in Account Management at Bates Worldwide, Lintas, and McCann-Erickson. She has advised a wide range of businesses including M&M/Mars, Miller Beer, Saab Cars, Scripps Healthcare,and Phillips Electronics. While at Namebase, Lisa led the naming efforts for Dremel Tools, Motorola MOTOACTV, Novartis Thrive, Endocinch for Bard, Shell Quaker State, Hershey's, Nestle's and Kraft Foods, among many others. Lisa earned her BA from Emory University and an MBA from Duke's Fuqua School of Business. Lisa has been a global product marketing executive at ENCAD Inc and Eastman Kodak, directing industry-leading products such as ENCAD NovaJet, Kodak Approval and Matchprint proofing solutions.
- Creative Director, Chief Namer
- Margaret has worked in brand naming and verbal identity for over 10 years. She has developed names, naming architecture systems, and brand stories for a wide range of clients, among them Pernod Ricard, Unilever, Hershey's, Samsung, Starbucks, Hasbro, Redken, Kraft Foods, Citibank, Discover Card Services, Motorola, Newell Rubbermaid, MasterCard, Citibank, Precor, and Sherwin Williams to mention a few of hundreds. In 2010, she became the Creative Director of Namebase. In this role, she creates impactful names for all industries, her process informed by a rich background in langauge, storytelling, literature, and mythology. Additionally, she leads the naming team and conducts name development workshops. Margaret received an MA in literature and theater from New York University, with later studies in music, brand strategy, and communication arts.
- Trademark Screening
- Steve Price has worked as a brand name trademark analysis for over 18 years. As a trademark research associate with Lexicon Branding, he managed a team responsible for screening hundreds of brand name candidates among them BlackBerry smartphones, Dasani water, Pentium processors, Swiffer mops, and Scion automobiles. Steve's expert screening not only cuts down legal fees, but assures names get to market in a timely fashion.
- Linguistics Director
- Kristin has been working with Namebase for nearly 10 years, managing linguistic analysis for Namebase clients including Kia Sorento, Picanto and Rondo, Novartis, Roche Bard, Mentor, Epson, Precor and many others. Kirstin has a PhD in linguistics from Brigham Young University.